The Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Welcome to the Parent-Teacher Association
The As-Sadiq Islamic School Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) consists of enthusiastic parents who work closely with the teachers, staff and students to help enrich the school environment and spirit. The PTA raises funds that are used to organize fun activities that foster a healthy and productive learning environment while fostering an inclusive school community spirit.
The PTA’s objectives include:
- Organizing and promoting social activities that heighten school spirit, encourage family togetherness and promote humanitarian efforts within our school community
- Encouraging and organizing volunteer support for school and PTA programs and events
- Conducting purposeful fundraising efforts to support programs and events at As-Sadiq Islamic School that directly impact students
What do we do?
With the support of a dedicated team of volunteers, the PTA successfully organizes and manages various flagship programs and services, such as:
- Annual seasonal all-day schoolwide activities such as Winter Carnival and Fun Day. For example, at the Winter Carnival, in addition to taking part in wintery activities, they also enjoy hot chocolate and snacks provided by the PTA
- A hot lunch service that provides nutritious hot lunches to students
- The famous monthly pizza lunch days on the last Friday of every month
- Special events to raise awareness on issues such as anti-bulling
- The Scientists in School program, giving students a hands-on science experience
- Treats and Popeyes’ Lunch Days to commemorate significant months (e.g. Muharram, Ramadhan etc.) and the birth and death anniversaries of the 14 Masumeen
- Activities that foster learning and well-being such as the book exchange, health and wellness, seminars and much more
Who are we?
Your PTA team members for 2019-2020 include:
|Salim Daya||Vice Chair|
|Ruqaiya Merchant||Elected Member|
Please feel free to talk to any PTA members for any questions or concerns. And download the app.
Welcome and have a great year!
Get in touch
Become part of the team and join in on all the fun! Meet other parents, make new connections and contribute to your child’s experience at As-Sadiq. We can use your help to plan, organize and bring great events to life.
If you’d like to contact or join the As-Sadiq Islamic School PTA, please fill the form below: